This is where you'll find information about financial aid for college. Please also view my embedded pages for helpful resources!
Sallie Mae has a great website, Paying for College - it covers the FAFSA, financial aid, college cost of attendance and much more!
- What to expect in a Financial Aid Award Letter after FAFSA/WAFSA completion
Types of financial aid: Money for College Explained
- Check out this Paying for College handout
How to read your financial aid award letter: Mapping Your Future
Determine the cost of attendance (COA): Cost of Attendance
- Here's a great Cost of Attendance Comparison tool
Don't forget your college's financial aid resources! Most colleges have financial aid consultants on staff - take advantage of them! They are there to help you!!!
- Here's a great handout explaining confusing financial aid award letter terms!
- Though we realize private student loans aren’t the ideal way to pay for college, about 10% of families end up needing them given the rising cost of higher education. After all scholarships, grants, and federal options have been exhausted, private student loans are often necessary to help cover the cost of attendance. Check out this website for the best private student loan resources.
- The StudentLoans.net site has some good resources for high school students about loans and repayment. Government loans are covered in this site, too (DISCLAIMER! We are in no way endorsing applying for loans outside what the federal government offers. This is merely a guide).
- The Student Loan Report site is a great resource for learning about student loan debt according to and sorted by state.
- The College Covered site is a great resource using online tools to help you with the FAFSA and college choices (DISCLAIMER! We are in no way endorsing Discover Student Loans! - we simply find their site to be useful).