Running Start is a program designed to give students at junior or senior status an opportunity to attend a 2-year or technical college while still in high school. Tuition is free, but there are fees and textbook costs. Further, students must provide their own transportation to their selected college or technical program.
- Students must meet necessary criteria (testing, age limitations, etc.) before being accepted into a Running Start program. Information can be found in the OHS Running Start Handbook and on local college websites!
- Updated OHS/Pierce Equivelencies!
- All incoming Running Start students and parents will need to read the OHS RS Handbook, and sign and date the RS Participation Agreement form- this is a requirement!
- If you are a free/reduced lunch student, you may be eligible for fee waivers; here's the link to Pierce's form!
- IMPORTANT!!! All seniors will be required to complete a High School and Beyond Plan, mandated by Washington State. Please see this link for HSBP materials. Click on this link for the essay rubric!
- Attached you will find FAQs pertaining to Running Start, issued by the SBCTC (State Board of Community and Technical Colleges).
New and incoming RS students are now invited to Remind. If you have not received an invitation from Ms. Nelson, please contact her!
- If you are interested in Running Start, please contact Ms. Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Here are links to OHS Daily schedules! Remember, lunches on Fridays are based on 5th period classes! Ms. Nelson will post assembly schedules on Remind.
- If you need to make an appointment with Ms. Nelson, simply visit: https://nelsonschlegelp.youcanbook.me
Important Running Start documents are located here:
Info for Homeschoolers: