January scholarships are in order of due date - good luck!
January Due Dates:
The Drive Smart Teen Contest is a video contest that could be worth up to $10K!!! Follow the link for more information and to appy!
Are you female and interested in a career in coding? Check out this scholarship: Code Fellows (due date unknown!)
The Pride Foundation Scholarship - do you identify as LGBQT or are you an ally of the LGBTQ community? If so, this scholarship might be for you!
Due January 30, 2020!!! The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation scholarship, worth up to $10,000 annually! Good luck Cards!
College Raptor (a college search site) is offering a $2500 scholarship. Please visit College Raptor Scholarship for more details - closes January 31
February Due Dates:
Due 2/01/2020 (no exceptions!!!) - The Orting Alumni Association Scholarship!
The Orting Alumni Association Scholarship:
The Orting Alumni Scholarship for alumni and current seniors!!! Please follow these links for applications and tip sheet:
IMPORTANT!!! They will not accept incomplete applications or apps past the due date! Please see the attached tip-sheet!!!
Also, PLEASE follow the directions on the applications; NOTE!!!, current OHS seniors do not need to submit a transcript. The OAS committee will request them from Ms. Strassburg upon receipt of your application - apps must be emailed to email@example.com by February 1, 2020
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation scholarship - open to minority students. Due date: 02/01
To be eligible for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating high school senior;
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States;
- Show leadership potential;
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service;
- Present evidence of financial need;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21;
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4–year College when applying for the scholarship.
- We the Students Essay Contest. Due date: 02/14
- Washington State Fair Foundation/Blue Ribbon Scholarships - Follow this link and those embedded in the flyer! There are many scholarships available through this foundation; due date is 2/11. Good luck!!!
Coming soon! The Washington State Opportunity Scholarship is open!
- If you are STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math or Health Care leaders) bound, the Washington State Opportunity Scholarship may be for you - to find out if you qualify, visit their site: https://www.waopportunityscholarship.org/
- Must have a 2.75 GPA
- Must be going to an eligible college and into an eligible major
- Must be reside in Washington state and plan to attend a Washington college
- Must earn a high school diploma or GED
- Must meet income requirements and apply for the FAFSA or WASFA
March Due Dates:
- The Marine Corps scholarship is for children of Marines and eligible Navy Corpsmen pursuing a post-secondary education at any accredited school—whether that be a career training, trade school, community college, or four-year university. They award scholarships to every eligible applicant. Follow this link for information! Due date is March 1st!!!
The Nellie Martin Carman Scholarship is for seniors who plan to attend a college or university in Washington state. Awards range from $500 - $2,000 per year and may be renewable in some cases. Applicants must be US citizens, and hold a 3.0 GPA or above. Only one application from Orting High School may be submitted, so please see Ms. Nelson in the Counseling Center to submit your application for review. Our scholarship committee will decide which application will be submitted.
Due date: March 1, 2019!!!
- Are you pursuing a career in education (teacher, counselor, speech therapist, occupational therapist or school psychologist)? The Washington State School Retirees' Association scholarships are now open. Visit the WSSRA website for complete instructions. Applications must be precisely completed, so if you have any questions about the application process, see Ms. Nelson! Must be postmarked by 3/2/2019!!!
- Have you or a family member dealt with cancer? The Cancer Unwrapped Teen Writing Contest is now open (see the flyer for details)! The goal behind this contest it to open a dialogue for teens about the emotions they've dealt with when dealing with cancer. This contest is open to all high school students, and could be worth up to $1,000 - due date is 3/4!
- Do you have a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA? If so, the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Scholarship might be for you! This is a local scholarship, so your odds of recieving the award are increased. Due date is 3/20!
Due - 3/29/2020! Did you give blood at one of OHS' Cascade Regional Blood Services blood drives? If so, this scholarship opportunity is for you!
- New! The Pierce County Nurses Association Scholarship is now open - if you plan to attend a college in Washington to pursue nursing, this is a great opportunity. Due date is 3/31!
- COMING SOON! The Janet M. Scott Memorial Scholarship - open to seniors who are US citizens, with a 3.0 or higher GPA, and family income of $50K or less. For complete information and application, please see: Checklist - Criteria - Application; due date is 3/31!
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund - open to exceptional Hispanic students; OPENING SOON!