Welcome to the Orting School District!
Note from Our Superintendent
Dear Orting community,
If my last 25 years in public education have taught me anything, it is how critically important the link is between schools and the local community. Our children are our greatest resource and it is imperative that we work together to provide safe, engaging and inviting learning spaces in which they will thrive!
It was the highlight of my career in the spring of 2021 when the Board of Directors chose me as the next superintendent of the Orting School District. I was born and raised in Pierce County prior to moving to the town of Wapato in elementary school. I see many of the values and traits that formed my upbringing embedded in the values and characteristics of the families and students that comprise the Orting School District.
The impact we have on the lives of our students is immeasurable. Our role is to provide a nurturing environment where curiosity is cultivated, confidence is built, and dreams are sparked. We cannot do this work alone and invite our families and local community to join us in this work. Together, and under a shared purpose of empowering and inspiring the next generation, we can ensure the success of each of our students.
As an educational leader, I will model and embrace the spirit of collaboration, transparency, growth and unity. We have a lot to celebrate as a school system and a local community, as well as our opportunities to improve. Working in partnership with our Board of Directors, we will continue to strive for excellence in all that we do. Please do not hesitate to contact me or reach out to a member of our team.
Orting School District, Superintendent
About our District
WHO WE SERVE
- Orting School District (OSD) is located 41 miles south of Seattle, 20 miles southeast of Tacoma, and 30 miles northwest of Mount Rainier.
- OSD has two elementary schools, one middle school and one high school, serving around 2,800 students.
- The district employs over 150 teachers, and encompasses over 45 square miles of Orting and areas of Graham and Bonney Lake.
- 187 seniors graduated in 2023
- 93 percent 4-year graduation rate
- 19 langauges spoken
- 76 percent of our high school students completed at least one dual credit course, earning both high school credit and college credit simultaneously
- 348 total personnel
- 165 certificated
- 150 classified