College Exploration Begins Here!
Is college right for you?
- Why go to college? Find out wages related to education type
- Not sure where you want to go to college? The College Scorecard Website is a great resource for comparing schools!
- Visit the Orting College Visits Calendar to meet our college reps and take virtual tours of many colleges
- Campus Reel provides videos of actual college students showcasing their schools. You must create a free account to take a "tour" - check it out!
- Take this helpful quiz! to find out which college is right for you.
- Best Colleges for Earning Potential
- The College Admissions Guide is a great site detailing steps to college - regardless of grade-level!
- Grad Requirements Comparison handout for high school graduation, university entrance and NCAA requirements!
- College and Career Guide for Students with Disablities
Explore 4-Year Colleges/Universities
- Xello (login using your Clever account)
- College Board's Big Future
- Peterson's College Information Guide
- College Raptor
- Find Washington college admissions requirement information
Washington state College Applications and Fees Deadlines. This resource covers Washington State colleges only! If you are interested in out-of-state colleges, go to the admissions page of their websites to find out their deadlines!
Western States' University Resource
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) (tuition exchange program for regional out-of-state colleges and universities)
College Application Tips
Whether you are thinking about attending university or you want to find out how you are doing academically, college entrance exams can be a good choice! See the links below for test registration, test dates, and costs of exams - if you are a Free/Reduced lunch student, you can receive a fee waiver! See Ms. Nelson for fee waivers.
- ACT Testing
- SAT Testing
- What does Test Optional mean? Here's a great video explanation of testing policies when applying to a university
- SAT Tips and 2021-22 Test Dates and Deadlines
- Fairtest.org contains information for all colleges that are test-optional or test-blind, or both
- What is the difference between the ACT and the SAT?
Orting High School offers the PSAT (Practice SAT) and the Pre-ACT to students grades 9-11. Check the Counseling Center announcements page in the fall (PSAT) and winter (Pre-ACT) for more information, or see your counselor!
Explore 2-Year and Technical Colleges
- State Board of Community and Technical Colleges
- 2-Year College Contacts
- Check Out a College
- Benefits of Attending Community College and Why You Should Attend Community College for Transfer Credits
Southwestern Oregon Community College offers a tuition waiver to students with a 3.75 GPA or higher. If you are interested in SW ORE CC, see Ms. Nelson for the details.
- Military Academy information posted on Congresswoman, Dr. Kim Schrier's website
- Resources for online colleges: Accredited Colleges in Washington
- Affordable Colleges Online
- Guide to Finding Accredited Online Colleges
- Find out which online and brick and mortar colleges rank the highest in Washington State!
- Counseling Degrees Online Program
These sites include info on rankings, post-graduation salaries, etc.
- Top Colleges in WA: https://www.learnhowtobecome.org/college/washington/
- Nursing Schools in WA: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/nursing-schools/washington/
- Are you interested in a Nursing Career? Check out the Nursing School 411 site!
- Criminal Justice Schools in WA: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/criminal-justice-degree/washington/
- Psychology Schools in WA: http://www.learnpsychology.org/psychology/degree-programs/schools-in-washington/
- Fire Science Programs in WA: https://www.firescience.org/fire-science-degrees-and-programs/washington/
- Teaching Degrees in WA: https://www.teachtomorrow.org/washington/
- Top Trade/Vocational Schools in WA: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/vocational-trade-school/washington/
- LGBTQ College Student Guide offers information and resources
- Is there really free college for graduating seniors? Yes! If you've earned a cumulative 3.75 GPA or higher, and attend Southwestern Oregon College in Coos Bay, OR, they will pay your tuition. See Ms. Nelson for details!
The Orting School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Debi Christensen, Title IX Coordinator & Civil Rights Coordinator, 360-893-6500 x243, christensend@orting. wednet.edu; Chris Willis, Section 504 Coordinator, 360-893-6500 x233 email@example.com, 121 Whitesell Street NE, Orting, WA 98360.