Welcome to Safety and Security
We believe every student deserves a safe and caring learning environment. In order to accomplish this goal, the district employs the following strategies on our campuses:
- A School Resource Officer is assigned to the district.
- Schools and District facilities conduct monthly drills so our staff and students know what to do in the event of an emergency.
- The District acknowledges that the emotional and physical safety of students and staff is everyone’s responsibility.
- The District will continue our efforts to foster a welcoming atmosphere and promote a culture of caring on our campuses.
- Students are encouraged to talk with an adult immediately if they have concerns for their own safety or the safety of others promoting a culture of caring.
- The District provides staff professional development annually to support the safety of all staff and students.
- Facilities are maintained and improved with safety and security in mind
- Social-Emotional Learning is a focus for all students P-12.
The “Emergency Operations Plan” which is a companion to this Safety Plan includes training resources, procedures and guidance relating to lockdown procedures, intruder response, bomb threats, and natural disasters. Every school has an Emergency Plan that includes lockdown and intruder procedures and schools are required to schedule and conduct these drills. District staffs participate in local, regional and Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) training in school/community emergency planning and response operations. Local police, fire, public works, and social service organizations are also represented on these committees.
We use the SafeSchools Alert Tip Reporting System which allows you to quickly, easily, and anonymously report safety concerns to school officials 24/7/365. Help us create a safer learning environment - CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A TIP.