The Orting Express...
Available - chat
Technical help for your district Chromebook for students and families
- Access help by the live chat feature from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday, on the lower right corner of this page.
- There are numerous tutorials on this page that may address certain device issues
- You can reachout to your child's school for help as well
- If the Chromebook is locked it must be turned into the school your child attends to be accounted for and reactivated
If your Chromebook is damaged, a broken screen, a non-working keyboard, unable to hold a charge etc. etc. Please contact your student's school directly to make arrangements to swap the Chromebook.
For the most current and accurate information regarding Sports, Fees, Yearbooks and other general school questions please contact your student's school.
Orting High School 360-893-2246
Orting Middle School 360-893-3565
Ptarmigan Ridge Elementary 360-893-0595
Orting Primary 360-893-2248
Google had a recent update that may impact connectivity and performance
How to clear caches and cookies (data)1) On Chrome browser go to the three dots in the upper right corner2) Go to more tools3) Clear browsing data4) select time range: all times5) Clear data6) Restart the Chromebook
How to perform an update of Chrome on your Chromebook
***This can also be done on the browser in the upper right corner find the 3 dots if you don't see settings in the lower right corner.
For students that are experiencing the screen below. You can enter the pin that was sent with your Clever badge or use your Google password. To keep the timeout from occuring again please see the screenshots below for additional information.
Please find the extention area of the Chrome browser (upper right corner) click on the Moon (sleep) to change it to a Sun (awake).
If you are encountering a lock when trying to login (like the picture) please join the Chromebook to your WiFi and try logging in again. You may also need to restart the Chromebook and then try logging in.
Clear Caches, Cookies & History for Chrome Browser
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen, hover over “More Tools” and then select “Clear browsing data”
- Check the boxes next to Browsing History, Cookies, and Cached Images and Files.
- Click Clear Data.
Extensions for Student Chromebooks
Student Login and Clever
Teacher and Staff Support
Orting teachers are available to help assess and support your child's engagement, performance and navigation of the online curriculumn. Linked below are teacher rosters with individual links directed to each teacher's webpage with contact information.
Our counselors are ready to help suport your student's social-emotional wellness and connect you to resources to assist. Name, email and phone numbers are provided below to identify and contact your child's school counselor.
- OPS Office
- 360-893-2248 ext.4075
- Megan Barbara
- PTR Counselor
- Rebecca Edick
- phone (360) 893-0595 ext.4108
- OMS Counselors
- Robin Joy
- phone (360) 893-3565 ext.4303
- April Reynolds
- phone (360) 893-3565 ext.4304
- OHS Counselors
- Shelly Smith
- phone (360) 893-2246 ext.4375
- Maria Reyes
- phone (360) 893-2246 ext.4374
Resources for Orting Families
Help and support in addition to the Orting School District
Need help with your internet service?
Comcast Xfinity offers several resources to help families
We are fortunate to live in a community with the heart and resources to help. Here is a list of available resources.