Title IX - Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Reporting
Notice of Nondiscrimination:
The Orting School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
If you have any questions or would like to submit a formal or informal Title IX - Sexual Harassment report please call, email or mail your report to:
Debi Christensen, Executive Director for Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator
Orting School District, 121 Whitesell St NE, Orting, WA 98360
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at: 360-893-6500 Ext. 4028
Alternatively, you may ask questions or file a report with the Office for Civil Rights by visiting the following link: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/complaintintro.html
For more information regarding filing a complaint or concerns regarding discrimination click here as provided by the Office for the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Per the requirements of the Title IX final rule of 2020, the information below has been used to train investigators, Title IX coordinator, and decision-maker of the district:
Training for Investigations, Grievances, and Title IX Coordinator:
- How to Report Sexual Harassment under Title IX, U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights
- Conducting and Adjudicating Title IX Hearings: An OCR Training Webinar, U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights
- Understanding the Changing Title IX Obligations for Districts, Vector Solutions
- Sex Equity in Washington's K-12 Athletics Programs, OSPI
- Title IX Athletics: Annual Athletic Evaluation and Outside Sources of Funding, OSPI
*Given recent Title IX revisions, additional training regarding those involved, including decision-makers, will be documented as training occurs.
For more information regarding the most recent Title IX final rule changes please visit the following websites:
- Orting School District 3205BP and 3205P
- OPSI Bulletin No. 058-20
- U.S. Department of Education: Office for Civil Rights: Full Rule and Overview
- U.S. Department of Education: Office for Civil Rights: Blog
The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Debi Christensen, Title IX Coordinator & Civil Rights Coordinator, 360-893-6500 x4028, email@example.com; Chris Willis, Section 504 Coordinator, 360-893-6500 x 4027, firstname.lastname@example.org, Address: 121 Whitesell Street NE, Orting, WA 98360.