Board Operating Principles
- I will prioritize the needs and interests of each student.
Set Clear Goals
- I will agree to work collaboratively with my fellow Board members to set clear goals.
Act as One Body
- Individual Board members do not have authority.
- Once a decision is made, I will support that decision, in word and action.
- I will consider research, best practices, and public input.
- I will practice fiscal responsibility.
- I will encourage open communication, trust, and respect in all my interaction.
- I will not surprise the Superintendent, staff, and fellow Board members.
- I will focus discussions on issues, keeping tone and demeanor professional.
- I will welcome debate and differing points of view constructively and
- I will embrace Accountability, Collaboration and Transparency (ACT).
- I will strive for mutual understanding.
- I will maintain confidentiality.
Commit to Continuous Improvement
- I will commit to continuous improvement through Board retreats, self-evaluation, training and
Effective Board Meetings
- I will prepare for meetings in advance.
Conflict of Interest
- I will avoid any perception of a conflict of interest and will recuse myself when necessary.
- I will commit to addressing disparities in our student population to ensure equitable outcomes
for all students.