Welcome to the Counseling Center
We are committed to delivering comprehensive guidance to all students in the areas of academic, personal/social and career planning. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, don't hesitate to call. We look forward to working with you during the school year.
Air transportation careers in demand at McChord - check out their video and website to apply!
In addition to all work related training, kids are still eligible for educational assistance:
Automatic enrollment in a regionally accredited degree program, Community College of the Air Force
- 100% Tuition Assistance covering up to $4,500 every year to any college
- Guaranteed access to the Montgomery GI Bill-SR from the VA
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) opens each year on October 1st! If you are planning to attend college or a trade school, it is vital that you complete the FAFSA. Ms. Nelson has created a Section-by-Section FAFSA Tutorialto help with the process. Check it out! And as always, if you need help with the FAFSA, please reach out to Ms. Nelson.
Are you a senior with a 3.5 GPA, who's taken a standardized test (PSAT/NMSQT, SAT, and/or ACT) and scored in the 90th percentile or higher – 1310+ on the SAT, 1270+ on the PSAT, or 28+ on the ACT, and finally is your family income < $80,000/year? If so, you may qualify for College Point Advising Services - a free service from College Board!
Their advisors will help with:
- Creating a college list and introducing students to great colleges they may not have considered
- Writing a personal statement and editing essays
- Accessing financial aid and searching for scholarships
- Talking with students about what it’s like to leave home and live in a dorm
- Analyzing financial aid award letters and making a college decision
- Preparing for the transition to college
- Answering any college application questions that are stressing students out
Phone: (360) 893-2246
Fax: (360) 893-2434
Shelly Smith (A-Ge)
(360) 893-2246 x4375
Anna Hager (Gf-N)
(360) 893-2246 x4365
Maria Reyes-Cruz (O-Z)
(360) 893 2246 x4374
High School and Beyond Specialist
(360) 893-2246 x4385
(360) 893-2246 x4376