Welcome to OMS Athletics
Athletic Registration ProcessAthletic registration is ONLINE with FamilyID. You must sign up each season for a specific sport, but you only need to register once.
- Register online with FamilyID.
- Get Sports Physical from a doctor. Physicals are good for two years from date of service.
- Upload the physical to your students FamilyID registration OR bring to the front office of your child's school.
- Pay ALL FINES- all fines must be paid in full or a payment agreement set up to participate in games.
- Purchase an ASB card annually.
- Athlete Pre Participation Covid-19
Information regarding Middle School Athletics:
6th graders are allowed to participate in all sports except football
- Each sport will play a 7-8 week season with a schedule of contests against the other schools in the Plateau League. Track and wrestling have a league meet at the end of the season.
- Each sport requires a minimum number of practices before an athlete can compete.
- Football does not play a post-season tournament.
- Coaches will select a varsity and junior varsity squad based on age, ability, and the development needs of the player.
- No student-athletes will be “cut” from a team because of their ability.
- The numbers of players will determine if we can offer a “C Team” with a full schedule and a coach for players who did not qualify for the junior varsity squad.
The middle school athletic year is divided into 4 seasons, fall, early winter, late winter, and spring. Our middle school teams compete with the Enumclaw, Sumner, White River, and Fife school districts in the Plateau League. To be eligible to participate in OMS athletic contests, students must be passing all classes and have a GPA of 2.0 or above. Grades will be checked every two weeks. Student-athletes will have the opportunity to improve their grades to avoid sitting out, but will also be held accountable if they are not able to demonstrate passing grades.
A middle school philosophy of athletics emphasizes participation and character over winning. While we want our student athletes to compete at their highest, we also want each athlete to display the highest level of sportsmanship and moral standards while they are representing Orting Middle School in Plateau League competition.
The Orting School District and it's coaches are dedicated to preparing all student athletes for college, careers and life. It is our goal to involve as many student-athletes as possible in our extra-curricular programs. We believe that our extra-curricular programs are an extension of the classroom where valuable lessons are taught every day that help our students academically and in life outside of the school setting.