Choice Transfer forms
Return signed and completed form to:
Orting School District
121 Whitesell ST NE
Orting, WA 98360
- The transfer request is not complete until the resident school district has submitted the request to the nonresident school district, and it has been accepted. The student remains the responsibility of the resident school district until the effective start date at the nonresident school.
- The parent/guardian will be notified by email (or postal mail if an email is not provided) of acceptance and the effective start date or rejection.
- If the request is rejected, the notification will include the reason for the denial and steps to appeal the decision.
- If a district does not respond to a request within 45 days of the request, the request is treated as a denial and the parent/guardian can appeal.
- Under the Choice law, the nonresident school district becomes responsible for all matters related to the education of the student (basic education, special education, home/hospital services, truancy, CEDARS reporting, administration of state educational assessments, etc.). Legal Reference: RCW 28A.225.220 through 230.