• 2021-22 Orting Community Resources


    Answers Counseling & Consultation

    ANSWERS counseling provides in home, evidence-based therapy for those in Pierce County who are on Medicaid insurance. We currently offer Infant Mental Health, which specializes in mental health and social emotional development of children 0-5 years old. Our infant mental health provider is a licensed clinician in the state of Washington with a certificate in Infant Mental Health. She has worked with children 0-3 for the past six years. She sees many children who have qualified for developmental preschool, have challenging behaviors, school refusal, trauma, anxiety and children in foster care. Our therapist is trained in Promoting First Relationships, Parent Child Interaction Therapy and play therapy. These models will support parents to develop strategies and made effective changes to increase children’s coping skills and decrease unhelpful behaviors or thoughts.

    Comprehensive Life Resources

    A private, not for profit community mental health agency providing a continuum of behavioral and mental health Services. The agency provides school- based mental health and substance use services for children and adolescents and Therapeutic care to students.  Call your school counselor or https://www.comprehensiveliferesources.org/contact-us or call (253) 396-5800


    Offers Behavioral Health Services to children, youth, adults, and older adults. We provide school-based mental health and substance use services for children and adolescents and therapeutic care for domestic violence and sexual assault survivors. 

    Contact your school counselor or  https://consejocounseling.org or call (253) 285-4750.

    COVID-19 Information

    Please visit The Tacoma Pierce County Health Department website at  http://www.tpchd.org

    Free COVID-19 Test Kits at the Orting Public Library

    Call (253) 548-3312 during curbside hours for instructions on how to pick up the kit and drop off locations.

    View hours online at https://www.piercecountylibrary.org/branches/central-south-county/orting/orting-library.htm.

    Free Triple P Parenting Groups online courses

    To register call (253) 649-1011 or visit www.tpchd.org/fspreferral

    Multi-Care Behavioral Health

    Provides a continuum of behavioral and mental health services. Call your school counselor or contact the Access Center by calling 888-445-8120.

    NAMI Pierce County Support Groups

    (253) 677-6629

    info@namipierce.org (groups are virtual)

    Orting Family Resource Center 

    (360) 893-8500


    Resources, masks, diapers, gas cards (limited), Parenting Programs, Basic Food/Apple Health and NW Furniture Bank application assistance.

    Orting Food Bank 

    (360) 893-0095


    Please visit www.ortingfoodbank.org for additional information and updates.  

    Orting Teen Haven

    (360) 872-8252


    Offers a teen center and intermittent activities which offers opportunities for students ages 12-18 to get involved in the Orting Community.

    Orting United Methodist Church

    (360) 893-2740

    Hygiene Closet/hygiene needs, diapers and other resources are available.  Please call for dates, times and more information.

    Orting Valley Recovery Café

    Offering support groups and individual support. Please contact the café at (360) 208-8018 for more information.




    Support for individuals/children with disabilities.  Support Groups currently being held virtually.

    Pierce County Rental Assistance

    To apply, visit www.PierceCountyWA.gov/housinghelp or call 211 to apply over the phone.

    You can also search www.aptfinder.org to find housing availability in your price range.

    Pierce County/PSE Utility Assistance Program

    Call (253) 798-4328 to schedule an over the phone appointment.

    Safe Families for Children 24-hour phone 

    1 (877) 341-7332

    Approved overnight care/extended placement for children of families in crisis https://seattle-tacoma.safe-families.org

    Sea Mar

    If you need assistance applying for insurance or you have questions regarding your current insurance, you can call a representative at: 1 (855) 289-4503

    Tacomaprobono Community Lawyers

    If you are needing assistance with legal issues visit: WWW.TACOMAPROBONO.ORG to submit a request for an appointment. Services are free.

    United Way Help Line: 211

    Help Line is open Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4pm to assist with information on county wide resources.

    211 is also the coordinated entry point for all Pierce County housing programs, resources and assistance.

    Visit https://www.co.pierce.wa.us/1280/Energy-Assistance for more information.