Bond 2023 Planning Information
Phase 1: Orting School District Bond
In early 2021, the Orting School District engaged with a project team to address CFAC priorities and develop a Bond Plan for a future bond that would be presented to the community in 2023. The bond plan included recommendations from the Citizens Facilities Advisory Committee (CFAC); the CFAC committee recommended to the district to purchase property for future expansion within the City of Orting. In early 2022, Orting School District purchased vacant land at 510 and 710 Washington Avenue along the north edge of the Orting High School campus.
In summer and fall 2022, further recommendations by the CFAC community included a new Orting Elementary School. Given increased enrollment and aging facilities, the board authorized a preliminary design to engage with an Elementary School Committee. The Committee included current teachers, administrators and parents. Current visions of what the new Elementary School design include a welcoming, open, secure school.
THE BOND SUPPORTS LEARNING ACROSS ORTING SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Creating equitable access to safe and modern schools
- District-wide improvements
- Supports our growing community
REPLACE OUR AGING SCHOOLS WITH SAFE, MODERN FACILITIES
After community outreach, the board reviewed options for the 2023 Bond. The board prioritized these recommendations:
- New Orting Elementary School
- New addition and remodel to Orting High School, including a new wrestling room
- Turf and track replacement at Cardinal Stadium
- New addition to Ptarmigan Ridge Elementary School, including a new gymnasium
- Property acquisition
- District-wide projects for safety, security and mechanical improvements
The bond was developed and recommended by Orting's Citizens Facilities Advisory Committee.
The Orting School District Bond will be on the April 2023 ballot. This bond requires a 60% approval rate by voters.
See the designs
Click an image below to see each school design.