Welcome to Orting Middle School Athletics!
Welcome to the Orting Middle School Athletics homepage. From here you can keep up on our athletic calendar, find directions to our away games, locate contact information for coaches, and access important documents.Orting Middle School competes in the Plateau League with the Sumner, Fife, Enumclaw, and White River School Districts.NEWOrting Middle School now has sporting events and contests on the SPSLA website. Parents can now register for email and text notifications of any changes or delays of games and events.
Coed Track and Field (6th-8th)
Girls Fast pitch (7th-8th)
Winter 1 Sports
Girls Basketball (7th-8th)
Winter 2 Sports
Boys Basketball (7th-8th)
Girls Soccer (7th-8th)
Boys Football (7th-8th)
Girls Volleyball (7th-8th)Girls Volleyball (7th-8th)Girls Soccer (7th-8th)
Falcon Athletic Program
OMS ATHLETIC REGISTRATION
Athletic registration is now ONLINE with FamilyID. Please click on the link below to register your students for OMS athletics.
You must sign up each season for a specific sport, but you only need to register once.If you registered for a previous sport season follow these instructions:
- Click on the link above to go to familyid
- Go to Register now or scroll down to the Sections and click on the current sport you want to register for.
- To retrieve your saved data for the remainder of the form, click on the grey bar that states "Click here to Select or Create participant"
- Select the participant you are registering for the program from the drop down bar. You can also create a new participant if needed.
ATHLETIC CLEARANCE PROCESS
- Register online with FamilyID
- Get Sports Physical (form) from a doctor.
- Physicals are good for two years from the date of service.
- Please upload the physical to your students FamilyID registration OR bring to the main office in OMS.
- Purchase an ASB card annually.
- Once registered you will get an email with Approved or Not Approved. If approved you are cleared for participation, if not approved you either have fines or your physical is not current.
- Academic Eligibility
To be eligible to participate in OMS athletic contests, students must be passing all classes and have a GPA of 2.0 or above. Grades will be checked every two weeks. Student-athletes will have the opportunity to improve their grades to avoid sitting out, but will also be held accountable if they are not able to demonstrate passing grades.
The Athletic Director will run a grade check report every other Monday during the competition portion of sport seasons. The student-athlete then has until Wednesday morning at 8am to have any failing grades improved to passing. If grades are not improved, student-athletes will sit out of all contests for the remainder of that week. For any athlete declared ineligible, a second grade check will pulled the following Monday. These “probationary” athletes will not be allowed to participate in any athletic contest until they’re meeting academic standard.
Athletes who are ineligible are still allowed to practice, but they are not allowed to compete in any competitions.
For more detailed information, please follow link here.
- 6th Grade Sports
The Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA) does not sanction sixth grade sports. Because of this, the only sports offered to 6th graders at OMS are Track and Field and Wrestling. However, there are additional sport opportunities offered through the school district. Please contact Renee Polly at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
For general athletic questions please contact the OMS Athletic Director Karin Buchholz at email@example.com or 360-893-3563 ext. 617