Welcome to Our District!
Kindergarten registration will open June 5th! We are transitioning to online registration. More details on this new registration process coming next week!
We are excited to welcome you and your child(ren) to our little town with a big view. We are here to assist you in registering your students. In order to enroll your child(ren), please utilize the checklist and forms below to ensure that your registration packet is complete. You may return the packet to the appropriate school or district office.
Please note: Registration is considered complete when all required forms and documents are submitted, only completed registrations will be accepted.
Required for ALL students
- New Student Registration Form
- Language Survey Form (Required for ALL students)
- Legal Birth Certificate copy
- Medically verified Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS)
- Form can be downloaded by logging into https://myir.net. You will need to register and create an account if you do not have an existing account and login
- Student Health Information Form
- Verification of Residency and proof (ie. mortgage document, rental/lease agreement, utility bill, etc. in parent/guardian’s name)
- Student Housing Questionnaire
- Name and phone number of previous school
- Acceptable User Policy (AUP)
- Transportation Information Form (Elementary K-5 Only)
Additional Required Documents (High School)
- Current Transcript or last report card of incoming freshman
- HSPE, EOC scores or state standard test scores if out of state
Required IF Applicable
- Volunteer/Visitor Application Form (with copy of Washington State ID) (optional)**
- Free and Reduced Lunch Form (optional)
- Proof of Shared Residency (if applicable)
- Parenting Plan, Restraining Order, or any pertinent court documents (if applicable)
- Authorization for Release of Records (if previously qualified for any special service program)
- Special Education IEPs or 504 Plans (if applicable)
- Emergency Care Plan (ECP) or Physician’s Orders for Medication (if child has a life threatening medical condition or requires medication administration at school)
- If student was currently in HiCAP/Gifted program-documentation supporting services from prior school (acceptance letter into program or District letterhead statement)
- Certificate of Immunization Exemption (if applicable)
**Please note: All visitors and volunteers are required to turn in a completed Volunteer/Visitor Application Form. A copy of your picture identification will be stapled to this form. No adults will be permitted past the office area during school hours without a completed form and volunteer/visitor badge. This form must be updated annually.
Orting Primary School
Ptarmigan Ridge Elementary School
Orting Middle School
Orting High School