April 27, 2020
Hello Cougar Families!!Meets:Teachers shared their excitement of hosting a class meeting this week using Google Meet. This week each teacher will host two class meetings. One will be in the morning and one will be in the afternoon. If your child can attend both that is great, if not, please select the one that works best for your family schedule.Classroom/SeeSaw:Each Monday teachers are posting weekly projects in Classroom/SeeSaw for your child to work on throughout the week. Please let your child's teacher know if you are having any trouble with Classroom or accessing any of the activities. Our specialists (PE, Music, Technology/Library) are also posting activities in each teacher's classroom. (Our kindergarten students are using SeeSaw and all other grades are using Classroom.)Activities:We miss your children and starting next week we are hosting live events to bring our OPS students and staff together for some fun.
Book Fair:Our Scholastic Book Fair continues through Sunday, April 26th. You can browse and purchase books by visiting the book store here: https://www.scholastic.com/
- Events are optional
- Storytime will be live and open to all families, watch for info on Facebook
- Art Time, Lunch Buddies, and Scavenger Hunts will be activities we will host weekly from now until the end of the year-these will have limited "seats"
- Families can fill out this Google Form to RSVP to one of the smaller events
- Every week we will have new sign up opportunities
- Activities fill on a first come, first serve basis but in order to allow as many students to participate we ask your child to only sign up for one activity per week
- We hope to continue to add new opportunities as the year continues
bf/ortingprimaryschoolVote:Please don't forget to turn in your ballot for the Orting School District Levy. Ballots are due by April 28th.Chromebook Handout:We will have one last chance for families to check out a Chromebook if you need one for your student.
- Monday, April 27th
- 4-6 pm
- Parking lot where OPS buses load/unload
- Parent/guardian in Skyward must sign for the Chromebook
- Bring photo ID
Survey Coming Soon
We want to understand how we can better support remote learning for our students and families, so the district will be sharing a survey the week of May 4th to get your feedback. Between now and then, please talk with your children and take note about what is working for you and how you think we can improve the remote learning experience. We look forward to reading what you have to say!
OPS Learning Resources
Starting Friday, March 20, we will post learning engagement opportunities on this site and send an email with a document attached for each grade level to help students practice skills during this time away from school. Each Friday, we will send home a new engagement plan for the following week created by the entire grade level team. We will add a few components as we go and families get the hang of the format. If you are not able to open the PDF document, please let me or your child's teacher know right away so we can work with you to resolve this! Please know that this work is not graded and it is not expected that students will return this. It's really about good practice right now. You will also see extension opportunities for online tools each week, which will also continue to grow.