Class of 2020 Graduation Information
OHS 2020 Graduation/Senior Details & FAQs
The following is a schedule of celebrations to honor our Orting High School 2020 seniors! We know that some of the regulations of events are not ideal but we have tried our best to plan events that honor your seniors while following the state guidelines. If you would like to view the full guidelines please click here; we are doing a hybrid of #5 & #7. According to the Washington State Department of Health and OSPI guidelines the following guidelines must be followed to stay compliant.
- 1 car per graduate family, no oversized, commercial vehicles or RVs (we will be driving on our track and under some decorative archways)
- Families and seniors are required to remain in their cars during the ceremony processional. Only your senior will leave the car during their turn to walk across the stage.
- We will be outside and socially distant, but if you feel more comfortable wearing PPEs please bring them with you.
- We ask that families and seniors respect social distance guidelines while out of their car at the appropriate stops.
- Stay in your cars and tune it to the live link to watch the ceremony proceedings; programs will be handed out when you arrive.
Senior Events & Graduation Schedule
Senior Scholarship & Awards Virtual Presentation
Premieres Wednesday June 3rd, 7:00pm. Please go to Orting High School Cardinals Facebook page to view.
June 4th & 5th
Senior Book/Class Supply/Chromebook Return, Honor Cord & Scholarship Pickup, Athletic Gear Return, Student Account Payments (All fines/Supplies must be paid/returned to receive diploma certificate after graduation)
10am-11am-Last Name A-H
11am-12pm-Last Name K-P
12pm-1pm-Last Name Q-Z
2pm-3pm-Last Name A-H
3pm-4pm-Last Name K-P
4pm-5pm-Last Name Q-Z
June 11th, 2020 3:00-7:00pm
OHS Drive-Through/Virtual Graduation
In order to control traffic and wait time, students will be assigned an arrival time based on their LAST name. You may show up anytime during this time slot with what works for your family. Only cars with current graduates will be allowed entry.
View the Google Earth Presentation for the route of graduation HERE!
- Please arrive during your scheduled time and enter PTR main parking lot from the highway.
- Follow the traffic guides of staff or markings.
- Once you enter the stadium your senior will exit the car and be guided to a social distant marker.
- Families will proceed onto the track and wait as their student is announced and presented their diploma cover.
- Graduates will pause on stage for a professional picture (provided free-of-charge from Orting High School).
- Graduates and families will reunite at the emergency exit and graduates will re-enter their car.
- After exiting the stadium, families are encouraged to drive to the PTR bus turnaround for fun and professional pictures with their family and to pick up their diploma certificate.
- Once the diploma is received then please exit the PTR facility. No gathering outside with other families.
- Graduation car parade staging starts at 7:00pm at OMS parking lot, parade starts immediately following ceremony at approximately 7:15pm. Parade route will follow the homecoming parade route.
June 15th & 16th 12-3:00pm
Gym locker clean out.
Q: Why only 1 car? We have a divorced family and don’t live together.
A: The state has regulated the 1 car per family guidelines and it states,
“Drive-in- Only students, and only their immediate family members who are staying at home together and who are not sick, may arrive in the same vehicle.” We understand and empathize each family has unique situations; please make personal accommodations for what works for your family. Again, this is not a local decision of the Orting School District.
Q: How can our family and friends watch graduation?
A: Graduation will be presented live on facebook. Please let all those who could not physically attend know to go to Orting High School Cardinal Facebook so they can watch the proceedings.
Q: How can my senior walk with their friend/walking partner?
A: Students must arrive during their scheduled time based on their last name. They will be kept the suggested 6’ apart once in the stadium and allowed to leave their car.
Q: What kind of car can we bring?
A: No commercial or oversized vehicles will be allowed. No RV’s or trailers.
Q: Can we decorate our cars?
A: YES! There will be a graduate parade through Orting following the graduation ceremony, starting at 7pm. Please decorate your cars to celebrate your seniors!
Q: Can we have people ride in the back of a truck bed?
A: As a school we will not be regulating where/how people are sitting in your personal vehicle. The liability and safety of the passengers is on the operator of the vehicle and their private insurer. Please be safe.
Q: I have a lifted truck or large van, can I get under the arches?
A: The arches will accommodate vehicles 10’ high x 9’ wide.
Q: What if I can’t or don’t want to participate on the 11th?
A: Diplomas may be picked up in the OHS Main Office on the 12th from 8am-12pm.